[snip]

> > As I have mentioned before, we need to get a bit clearer about which
> > goals can have been touched from outside a plugin. I'd prefer
> > that goals
> > were internal unless marked otherwise (obviously we need a
deprecated
> > phase for this).
>
> What about internal goal names having no namespace? So <goal
> name="my-local-goal"> is only internal to that plugin (and can be used
> from
> the cmd line only if it were in a maven.xml).

What about making the goal public when it has a description element
defined? I had reported a bug (dunno if it had been fixed) where
currently the "maven -g" displays "null" as the description for
non-public goals (i.e. those that have no description). I believe it was
implemented like this in the past and someone modified it...

[snip]

-Vincent