"Emmanuel Venisse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 01/09/2003 07:43:41 PM:

> > Hey Emannuelle,
> My name is Emmanuel!!!
Woops, sorry about that. I thought I had it wrong as I typed it.

> > what happens if the version is something like 1.3-SNAPSHOT?
> >
> > I'm -1 on this change for the above reason, as it breaks existing
> > assumptions.
> I think that current version is necessary in jar name for project that
work
> on several version/branch. When You download the jar, I think you want
> know the version you use.
${pom.currentVersion} wont have a branch in it, so it doesn't solve that
case.

I can see why you want the version number, i.e. maven-1.0-rc1-SNAPSHOT.jar

if that's the case, people can just do a jar:deploy or jar:install, no?

> For version that ends with SNAPSHOT, we can cut the end and make the
> snapshot signature with current version without snapshot string.
I'd much rather people put the -SNAPSHOT in the project.xml like we have
now.

> If you're always -1, I'll rollback my changes, but I think that's a best
> practices to have the version in the jar name.
I agree. What comments do you have on the stuff I wrote above?

p.s. thanks for all the work lately!
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting