Op Fri, 11 Apr 2014 22:57:01 +0200 schreef Brian Fox <bri...@infinity.nu>:

My proposal is strictly to prohibit a plugin from modifying a project's
classpath implicitly. That this become fully explicit such that I can
remove some of the convoluted logic in the core to account for this.

Not allowing plugins to randomly inject new dependencies makes sense. I see some cases where you still want to add a new dependency to the plugin class
path, but from above that sounds unrelated to what you are proposing
changing?

Fwiw, I don't recall the dependency plugin actually injecting stuff into
the project class path but equally wish that the copy/unpack goals could
simply go away regardless. (in leu of the more normal xxx-dependencies
versions)

The dependency:get is the most tricky goal here, since it's probably a pomless execution and you specify the GAV and additional properties. When we don't allow the plugin to do this kind of resolution, it's probably something which needs to be moved to Maven Core.

Robert