I am no git expert, but I believe proper text-vs-binary classification
is only part of the solution. Git still needs to know what format to use
in the repository and what format to use for the checkout. At least this
was the case when I started using git, maybe modern versions are smarter
about this.

Igor

On 2014-10-12, 9:43, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:
Ah ! The answer is that we don't leave it to the user to handle line endings.

I have added .gitattributes files to all our git repos, which
basically dictate how line endings should be handled.

The thing is; it does not contain "xml" files. This is the one I have added:

*.java   text diff=java
*.html   text diff=html
*.css    text
*.js     text
*.sql    text

So we need to add *.xml to all of them, and probably *.properties too.
Any others ?

Kristian

What EOL handling are we expected to use for Maven git repositories? I
don't recall this was discussed before, but this commit [1] stands out
from the rest. I usually follow github recommendation [2], so I wonder
if we can adopt the same for Maven work. Any thoughts?

[1]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commitdiff;h=8506c638c6a21a902e85831185e2121d8ddcb55b
[2] https://help.github.com/articles/dealing-with-line-endings/

Igor