The memory increase in 3.2.3 may be possible to workaround, if you
really have to. The problem is triggered by <parent/> elements that
point at the same pom.xml file resolved from maven repositories.
Intermediate parent pom part of the same reactor build should mask the
problem. I believe this is how most projects are setup, which explains
why the problem affects relativly small number of users.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5669

Igor

On 2014-10-23, 1:27, Milos Kleint wrote:
is there an issue to watch?

Thanks

Milos

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Igor Fedorenko <i...@ifedorenko.com>
wrote:

I think I know the problem.

Current master creates multiple MavenProject instances for the same
parent pom, while 3.0.5 reused the same instance. I have not looked how
hard this will be to fix yet.

In, more generally, MavenProject implementation is far from efficient.
For example, each instance holds two copies of project Model and
absolutely no model element reuse. For example, the same <dependency>
element defined in a parent pom will be represented as distinct object
instance in each child project. This is something we've known in m2e for
long time, but optimizing this will quite tricky especially if we want
to maintain backwards compatibility and keep model instances mutable.

Igor