On 23 November 2014 at 21:33, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I argue that touching a JIRA is taking responsibility. If you ask for a
> test case or clarification, you should at least be prepared to make a
> significant effort to resolve it if the OP coughs something up.

Not always, and I disagree with the principle as it dis-incentivises triage.

If you ask for more information that may be enough information that you
say... "oops... that's beyond my ken"

So I think that if you ask for info, you need to be prepared to comment on
the ticket if the OP responds. That comment may be "ok, thank you for that
additional info, on the basis of the info provided, this is beyond my skill
currently, I'll see if there is somebody else can take a look"

Triage is a different skill from fixing bugs... let's not kill those who
want to help by triaging! (and we need to stop drowning in bugs BTW)