On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 1:28 AM, Manfred Moser <manf...@mosabuam.com> wrote:
> To be honest I would be more inclined to remove the release profile from the
> super pom altogether ..
>
> manfred

+1, I would appreciate that too. However, in 2009 there was apperently
an attempt to remove the profile from the Super POM but it was
restored for compatibility reasons [1]. Probably it would be a better
approach to set the useReleaseProfile property in the
maven-release-plugin to false (assuming that most people are
activating the release-profile by using the maven-release-plugin).

[1]
https://github.com/apache/maven/commit/3870ab0e6021eb17d04883f97fe144d2db96e745

Cheers,
Stefan