Tycho is a very important consumer of Maven and we can't break them.

This is the second time that the removal of signatures has broken Tycho and I
restored them previously.  I think we need to do the same here.

On Dec 12, 2014, at 7:22 PM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io> wrote:

> I will cancel the release, we can't break Tycho.
>
> Are there no ITs for toolchains? How did they not break?
>
> On Dec 12, 2014, at 6:38 PM, Igor Fedorenko <i...@ifedorenko.com> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, I have to take this back. The changes to toolchain
>> broke Tycho and, short of using reflection, I don't see how
>> to make Tycho work with maven 3.2.4 and earlier versions of Maven.
>>
>> For better or worse,
>> org.apache.maven.toolchain.java.DefaultJavaToolChain was part of
>> Maven API since 2.x and I don't think we can just remove the class.
>>
>> I see two ways to fix this. Either we rename the classes back, which is
>> probably the easiest. Or we introduce deprecated DefaultJavaToolChain
>> that extends the new implementation.
>>
>> Here is my -1 for releasing 3.2.4 in its current state.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Igor
>>
>> On 2014-12-12, 18:01, Igor Fedorenko wrote:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Igor

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
> http://twitter.com/takari_io
>
> You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
> No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
> They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
> dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
> dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
> goals are in doubt.
>
>   -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can fix
bad ideas, but good ideas can't save bad people.

 -- Paul Graham