It looks like this was concurrency issue.
Does it mean that methods #getBuildSummary and #addBuildSummary are called
in different threads?

We changed a pure ArrayList with ConcurrentLinkedQueue in surefire:2.18.1 to
have "deterministic" behavior.
I guess we should do the same in maven core.

If you solved a bit of concurrency, other issue may appear next time, I have
still the same problem with thread-unsafe classes
DefaultMavenExecutionResult and MavenProject. Both don't use final fields
and don't use concurrent collections and they instantiate buildSummaries in
#addBuildSummary instead of in constructor.