Do you think you can give a couple of representative examples that
explain what you are trying to achieve?

Igor

On 2015-01-13 9:33, Tibor Digana wrote:
Hi All,

We want to prepare an experimental release of maven-surefire-plugin
customizing the plugin behavior. Basically we want to uncover open API and
we expect a feedback from Maven users group.

We have received many configuration requests in this plugin which increased
JIRA issues.
We believe that implementing the open API by a user would decrease the
overhead in JIRA because everybody will be able to fix or change the plugin
behavior.
We should of course reach the goals for new Maven core, this means support
for an incremental compiler and partial testing the changed tests and
dependencies as well as reordering passed-failed tests.

I would like to hear from you what types injections of API implemented by
user we should introduce.
For instance SPI would be the one, Java EE injections demanding but slow,
and OSGi services would be a candidate.

 From my point of view, designing a typical Java API, maybe based on Java 6
would be a good staring point. Then SPI would be the minimum blocker in
order to make the first experimental release.

Personally I think that changing the behavior via JavaScript, Bash Shell,
Groovy will increase the attention in Maven itself.

I can imaging that the "test' phase may hold on JavaScipt console till exit
which allows you to recompile the classes and retest some test
methods/classes without building the project again.

Cheers
Tibor