At the end of the day, nobody has felt strongly enough about
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commit;h=07b8477b
to veto or even -0.5 that commit.

I know we have been having the discussion here, but to me it seems like
these are "bolting the stable doors after the horse has bolted"

<demagogue>
That commit has stood for more 6 days, and as I understand it, in C-T-R the
veto has to land within 3 days or lazy consensus implies everyone approves.

So the vote was called (by virtue of the commit), the results are in (by
lazy consensus) and everyone agreed 3.3.0 is Java 7 ;-)
</demagogue>

I guess the point I am making: Does anyone feel strongly enough about 3.3.0
being Java 7 to commit a revert of 07b8477b?