Put a test project somewhere and I'm happy to look, I need something I can
debug through to try and help.

There are several tests for participants in the ITs so I think they are all
right. And I don't believe we broke anything along the way to 3.3.1 either.

On Mar 20, 2015, at 9:49 PM, Mark Derricutt <m...@talios.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> A question on life cycle participants - it would seem that they don't appear
> to be enabled when called from a child module/reactor build.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Again, if have a test project and how you
invoked it I'm happy to step through to see if anything is wrong.

> I just added the invoker-plugin to the tiles-maven-plugin to add some real
> usage cases/tests [1] and it seems that when the child module is run from the
> reactor, the tile lifecycle is never used, but if called via -pl child (
> essentially making it a top level project in the build ) then it is, I'd
> pasted logs of the two runs to [2].
>
> The lifecycle is declared as:
>
> <component>
>   <role>org.apache.maven.AbstractMavenLifecycleParticipant</role>
>   <role-hint>TilesMavenLifecycleParticipant</role-hint>
>
> <implementation>io.repaint.maven.tiles.TilesMavenLifecycleParticipant</implementation>
>   <isolated-realm>false</isolated-realm>
>   <requirements>
>     <requirement>
>       <role>org.codehaus.plexus.logging.Logger</role>
>       <role-hint>default</role-hint>
>       <field-name>logger</field-name>
>     </requirement>
>   </requirements>
> </component>
>
> in my the META-INF/plexus/components.xml file, does it need some other
> configuration to work on children, or is this just something that's
> broken/unsupported in Maven ( tested against 3.3.1 ).
>
> Mark
>
> [1] https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/221829/1
> [2] https://gist.github.com/talios/1396df5f46a607bd2fb2
>
> --
> Mark Derricutt
> http://www.theoryinpractice.net
> http://www.chaliceofblood.net
> http://plus.google.com/+MarkDerricutt
> http://twitter.com/talios
> http://facebook.com/mderricutt

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

Lastly, "Impossible." The lamest of the lame excuses! Difficult maybe, or
impractical, or too expensive, but rarely is anything impossible.

  -- Yvon Chouinard, Let my People Go Surfing