On 21 Mar 2015, at 15:23, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Put a test project somewhere and I'm happy to look, I need something I can
> debug through to try and help.

An extracted test project using the current version of the plugin can be
downloaded from:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/909343/basictile.zip

When building with "mvn clean package" you should see the child module:

[INFO] Building Simple Child testing
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.5:clean (default-clean) @ child ---
[INFO]

but when using "mvn clean package -pl child":

[INFO] --- tiles-maven-plugin: Injecting 1 tiles as intermediary parent
artifact's...
[INFO] Mixed 'io.repaint.tiles:child:testing' with tile
'io.repaint.tiles:basic-tile:2.2-SNAPSHOT' as it's new parent.
[INFO] Mixed 'io.repaint.tiles:basic-tile:2.2-SNAPSHOT' with original parent
'(no parent)' as it's  new top level parent.
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Simple Child testing
[INFO]

> There are several tests for participants in the ITs so I think they are all
> right. And I don't believe we broke anything along the way to 3.3.1 either.

Seems to (not) happen with 3.2.5 as well - I wouldn't put it past something
we've not configured/done right.

Cheers
Mark