The jar specification says explicitly that "Attributes which are not
understood are ignored."; I interpret this to mean it's ok for every man
and his dog to add values. Which I think means that you should expect your
*values* to win, not necessarily your particular file - there's an implicit
support for toolchain layering in the spec. Thats my 2 NOK.

Additionally it follows map semantics, last present value wins. When we
switched from the "old" plexus manifest to using the jdk manifest we "lost"
the ordering, since the jdk manifest class does not support ordering.

I have been trying to decide for myself if we're mostly talking about
people scratching their OCD and theoretical use cases here. To this date I
have yet to see anything that really convinces me otherwise.

Kristian