Hi,

I have a maven plugin which has some ITs which are executed using the
recommended way using the maven-invoker-plugin. However, the
invoker:install goal always spams my build server's logs with
"Downloading" messages, copying from my local repo to a location I
specify under target/.

I absolutely cannot figure out a way to suppress this output. It is
spammy, and happens every build (because it's not going to the local
repo, for the reasons described in the plugin docs). And, I really
don't care that it copied something from my local repo to this
directory in target/ being logged at the INFO level.

What's the best solution to work towards? I don't think there is one
now, but if one were to be created, what would it look like?

The ideas I thought of so far:

1. add <silent>true</silent> option on the install goal
2. add <log>filename</log> option on the install goal
3. some manipulation of the logger configuration to hide logs from this plugin
4. since this is a common task before running ITs for plugins, it
could be baked in to the integration-test goal, and automatically
suppressed

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii