> On Jul 27, 2015, at 6:55 AM, Stephen Connolly
> <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Igor found an issue, and added an IT test to catch the issue.
>
> I fixed the issue with a hack and added an IT test to fail for the hack...
>
> Then I superceded the hack with a fuller fix:
> https://github.com/apache/maven/commit/bd87258629db8e3fcc7aa04777afc16314c3cde0
>
> Long term I am not 100% happy with the addition of maven-artifact as a
> dependency to maven-model-builder, but until the TODOs that provide the
> validation in the workspace resolver are addressed[1], I do not see any
> other way out.

So what are you trying to do, that dependency is bad as historically if you
just want to de/serialize a model that’s all you needed. That needs to be fixed.

> [...]
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1200/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.3.5/apache-maven-3.3.5-src.zip
>>>
>>> Source ZIP SHA1 url exists.
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1200/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.3.5/apache-maven-3.3.5-src.zip.sha1
>>>
>>> Binary ZIP url exists.
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1200/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.3.5/apache-maven-3.3.5-bin.zip
>>>
>>> Binary ZIP SHA1 url exists.
>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1200/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.3.5/apache-maven-3.3.5-bin.zip.sha1
>>>
>>> Calculated SHA1 of source ZIP matches published SHA1 of source ZIP.
>>> f2b28783fbf9a4fda47d2924a29aa99b9dc7b898
>>>
>>> Calculated SHA1 of binary ZIP matches published SHA1 of binary ZIP.
>>> f3c1488a47701f7542aafaac8c9ddec2c91af8a6
>>>
>>> LICENSE file is present in the source distribution.
>>> NOTICE file is present in the source distribution.
>>>
>>> LICENSE file is present in the binary distribution.
>>> NOTICE file is present in the binary distribution.
>>>
>>> Git revision of release as determined from
>> maven-core-3.3.5.jar:org/apache/maven/messages/build.properties(buildNumber):
>>> 2226900a49396ae834b749ff22c126aed89dbf5a
>>>
>>> All files in source distribution have been found in the release revision
>> (taking into account acceptable exclusions).

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316922&version=12333058

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1200/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.3.5/

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1200/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.3.5/apache-maven-3.3.5-bin.zip
>>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1200/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.3.5/apache-maven-3.3.5-bin.tar.gz
>>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1200/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.3.5/apache-maven-3.3.5-src.zip
>>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-1200/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.3.5/apache-maven-3.3.5-src.tar.gz

>> f2b28783fbf9a4fda47d2924a29aa99b9dc7b898

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jason

>>> Jason van Zyl
>>> Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
>>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>>> http://twitter.com/takari_io
>>>
>>> First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
>>> so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
>>> the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
>>> as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.
>>>
>>> -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>> http://twitter.com/takari_io
>>
>> Simplex sigillum veri. (Simplicity is the seal of truth.)

Our achievements speak for themselves. What we have to keep track
of are our failures, discouragements and doubts. We tend to forget
the past difficulties, the many false starts, and the painful
groping. We see our past achievements as the end result of a
clean forward thrust, and our present difficulties as
signs of decline and decay.

 -- Eric Hoffer, Reflections on the Human Condition