+1

I think the constant looking at ways to cleanup the issues is necessary. So I
appreciate going through and culling the issues that have not been looked at in
quite a while.

> On Aug 30, 2015, at 3:31 PM, Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> some of you might remember that I have closed a bunch of issues some time
> ago. I'd like to reperform that task because we have more than 3100 open
> issues at the moment [1].
>
> Many issues (thousands) haven't been touched for years. I hardly believe that
> someone will pick them up after two or three years.
>
> To get us focused on new issues and ongoing improvements, I'd like to perform
> another cleanup in JIRA.
>
> Currectly we have:
>
> * 729 issues older than three (3) years [2]
> * 1496 issues older than two (2) years [3]
>
> (Numbers accumulate)
>
> I'd like to set the three-year-old issues to ASF JIRA "Auto Closed" with the
> following text:
>
> "This issue has been closed because it has been inactive for a long period of
> time. If you think this issues still applies, retest your problem with the
> most recent version of Maven and the affected component, reopen and post your
> results."
>
> If you guys happen to find any of your tickets (reporter/assignee) which are
> still valid, ping them.
>
> If I don't get any objections by 2015-09-06, I will perform the close.
>
> A couple of months later, I'd like to squash those two-year-olds too.
>
> Michael
>
> [1]
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12333204&jql=category%20%3D%20Maven%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20created%20DESC
> [2] category = Maven AND updated <= -156w AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER
> BY created DESC
> [3] category = Maven AND updated <= -104w AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER
> BY created DESC

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder, Takari and Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

The most dangerous risk: spending your life not doing what you want on the bet
you can buy yourself freedom to do it later.

 -- Randy Komisar