GitHub user hgschmie opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/pull/60

    Add new option "failOnWarning".

    This option causes the maven-compiler-plugin to treat warnings as errors
    and fail accordingly.

    Simply adds "-Werror" to the compiler command line. It may be nice to
    add this to the plexus-compiler-api proper but as the sonatype repo only
    has tags to 2.4 and the current plugin references 2.6 (and I have no
    idea where that comes from), I went the easy route. Happy to refactor
    it if wanted.

    $ git pull https://github.com/hgschmie/apache-maven-plugins
maven-compiler-failonwarning

    https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/pull/60.patch

    This closes #60

----
commit eef07569ef010a939bd7796f16f4ad73b5ba1c19