To my knowledge the only thing that's missing from Robert's list is
some code that was added to maven-artifact-transfer quite a bit after
I did the 3.x porting work to assembly. So it's really quite
unimportant as far as I'm concerned.

I might of course be mistaken, 3.0.0 of assembly should be the way to
go. If someone wants to do the work to switch to the
maven-artifact-transfer methods (and probably gain full 3.0
compatibility instead of current 3.0.4), it might be a good way to
achieve full checklist-driven development.

Kristian