As we said previously when the the question arose again there would be a
discussion. You may not remember, but I expect there to be a discussion.

I have built a graph of Maven Central to analyze the rank (count of all
incoming edges) for Log4J2 and Logback and it is clear from those numbers that
everyone has gone from Log4J to Logback. What has happened, I believe from the
numbers, is that the community followed the founder of the project and not the
owner project in pretty much the exact same way users went with Jenkins and not
Hudson. Anyone is happy to take the graph and verify this themselves, or
generate their own data from the machine that is housing the copy of Maven
Central at Google.

Additionally Igor has an implementation for logging during concurrent builds
based on Logback that I would really like to use, and the color logging is also
easy with Logback. I do not want to use something that the community at large
has not adopted.

Again, anyone is welcome to the code and/or the data if they want to verify
this themselves.

I also am not interested in a debate so if we disagree then just leave the
simple implementation in place. I’m not philosophically motivated much here in
these discussions but I’m vehemently opposed to integrating Log4J2.