On Wednesday, 6 July 2016 at 20:46, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> Hi to all Maven users,
>
> If you like to help making the next Maven release better it would be
> nice if you could help a little bit.
>
> Please be aware of this *** This is not an official release ***
>
> I have created downloadable packages which are available from here:
>
> Windows: https://s.apache.org/qDs1
> Linux/Mac: https://s.apache.org/Sn7X
>
> Every kind of feedback is helpful.
>
> Important hint:
>
> Based on the following issue
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5227 the optional flag in a
> dependencyManagement was simply ignored with previous Maven versions.
> This Maven version starts to handle that correct. If you have problems
> with that please report.

I believe this build (git hash 227085283b6379038ec16f4cf9ad2e8869cef694)
doesn’t actually contain the fix for MNG-5227. The previous testing snapshot
built from 644ac9c40ad41bf61e3b099918af33b8eb950621 did contain the fix for
MNG-5227, but the fix was reverted to avoid breaking builds which relied on the
old behaviour.

(this is just based on my reading of the commit history)