Michael, Robert, and Christian, thank you all for your input. I found the
discussion very helpful and fruitful.

The issue for introducing a new scope for non-functional resources is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6080

I would like to take part in the development of this feature, if possible.
Please let me know anyway which I can help.

Cheers,
Paul