Open issues bound to 3.4.0

* Introduction of model version 4.1.0.
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6082
  assignee: Christian Schulte (reporter: Christian Schulte)
* Document how to configure Gossip
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6044
  assignee: - (reporter: Michael Osipov)
* Document Jansi's native support limitation
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6045
  assignee: - (reporter: Michael Osipov)
* after forked execution success, add an empty line
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6088
  assignee: Hervé Boutemy (reporter: Hervé Boutemy)
* Introduce maven.conf in m2.conf
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6102
  assignee: Michael Osipov (reporter: Michael Osipov)

Assignees and reporter are all Maven teammembers, so they should all be able to either fix it or push it to a next version.

My biggest concerns are about the changed behavior of dependency resolution regarding dependency management which will break backwards compatibility:

* Imported dependencies should be available to inheritance processing
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5971
Based on the comment there are projects which will break due to this change.

* Increase the model validation level to the next minor level version.
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6075
Jira issue is missing an explicit list of the changes and a link the the revision.

* Make 'optional' flag of a dependency manageable.
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-5227

There are more changes done, but from what I can see those should be safe.
IMHO these changes have too much impact for a 3.4 and I think we can fix them with the introduction of the PDT file.

We should indeed start with release candidates and set a date until we expect feedback (e.g +15 days). Any negative response should be investigated and if it is valid it should be fixed and the release candidate process should starts over again asap. This way we should be able to push a new solid version out this year.

thanks,
Robert