Hi Christian,

This test looks normal to me. When loading the properties, through load https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html#load-java.io.Reader-, the backslash indicates the line terminator, so it needs to be escaped, otherwise the method would (silently) ignore it (if it doesn't represent a valid escape sequence). So having

edge.escape.hanging=\\

in the properties file means that you'll read "\" for the "edge.escape.hanging" property on the Java side. So it's testing that a lone escape character doesn't cause any issues during filtering.

Guillaume