Some of them are assigned to me. I won't make it before Wednesday but like to address them in 3.5.1.

Michael

Am 2017-04-27 um 12:55 schrieb Robert Scholte:
Let me start going through the list of candidates:

Maven - Version 3.5.1-candidate

** Sub-task
    * [MNG-6186] - switch to improved HawtJNI
Robert: Improvements have not been accepted yet, branch now has conflicts

** Bug
    * [MNG-4347] - import-scoped dependencies of direct dependencies are
not resolved using profile modifications from settings.xml
Robert: Would like to postpone this. MRM must first be into place before
we can create proper integration tests (case seems to be too complex for
a unittest)

    * [MNG-4463] - Dependency management import should support version
ranges.
Robert: I wasn't aware that ranges are allowed here, but so it seems. We
have a long list of depman issues, so maybe collect them for 3.6.x

    * [MNG-5359] - Declared execution in PluginMgmt gets bound to
lifecycle (regression)
Robert: Seems to be a huge commit, but worth investigating. IIUC this is
only happening with plugins already bound the predefined lifecycles

    * [MNG-5527] - Dependency management import should support relocations.
Robert: Seems valid

    * [MNG-5935] - Optional true getting lost in managed dependencies
when transitive
Robert: should be fixed

    * [MNG-5984] - Maven core extension resolution ignores repositories
from activeByDefault profiles in settings.xml
Robert: let's fix this, there's a patch, though not any test

    * [MNG-6112] - Central repository in the 4.0.0 super POM should
declare update policy 'never'.
Robert: Don't think we should fix this.

    * [MNG-6114] - Elements from the global settings should be ordered
before elements from the user settings.
Robert: In the end user settings should overwrite global settings. If
this is not happening, we should fix this.

    * [MNG-6148] - Can't package and assemble with JDK9/Jigsaw
Robert: easy fix, let's do so.

    * [MNG-6164] - Collections inconsistently immutable.
Robert: maintenance with a valid argument. Let's fix this

    * [MNG-6188] - Console color not properly reset when interrupting
build process
Robert: I'm hitting this issue quite often (5-10% while interrupting a
jetty:run). There doesn't seem to be a way to reproduce this for
testing, because you are really killing the JVM. I think we should trust
the shutdownhook.

    * [MNG-6216] - IndexArrayOutOfBounds when parsing POM
Robert: requires a fix in Plexus-utils, but want to solve this.

** Improvement
    * [MNG-5457] - Show repository id when downloading or uploading
from/to a remote repository
Robert: Requires fix in Resolver, good for 3.5.1

    * [MNG-5600] - Dependency management import should support exclusions.
Robert: Worth fixing

    * [MNG-5639] - Support resolution of Import Scope POMs from Repo
that contains a ${parameter}
Robert: seems to be a complete patch: Let's fix this

    * [MNG-6069] - Migrate to non deprecated parts of Commons CLI
Robert: Maintenance, let's fix this

    * [MNG-6169] - Lifecycle/binding plugin version updates
Robert: Maintenance, let's fix this

    * [MNG-6206] - We should produce a WARNING by using RELEASE, LATEST
as versions
Maybe a warning is too aggressive. There can be other plugins which are
capable to lock these versions before publishing, in which case it is
not an issue.

    * [MNG-6207] - Create WARNINGs in case of using system scope
Maybe a warning is too aggressive. In some cases there's simply no other
solution, like referring to tools.jar.

** New Feature
    * [MNG-6220] - Add CLI options to control color output
Robert: If we agree on the system property (just like changing the
colors), then yes.

** Task
    * [MNG-2893] - Update the DefaultPluginManager to not use a project
depMan for controlling it's transitive dependencies
Robert: Description is minimal, but seems to make sense.

    * [MNG-6167] - Clean up dependency mess (reported by
dependency:analyze)
Robert: Maintenance, let's fix this.

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017 22:43:54 +0200, Stephen Connolly