on the git modules idea, Apache Sling is currently migrating from 1 svn repo
to 200 git repos [1]: looks like they are beating us :)

on the mass clone and pull question, they've just implemented [2] an
aggregator repo using the "repo" command from Android [3]

looks interesting: does anybody have experience on this?
Paul?

Regards,

Hervé

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-3987