Hello!

I'd like to vote on this issue, but I still have a remaining problem
and am not sure if it's because the plugin is broken due to the new
module changes, or just because my project setup is slightly
unusual.

See here:

https://github.com/io7m/maven-javadoc-bug-20171118

The "c" module attempts to aggregate the javadoc of the other modules
in the reactor into a single directory. It fails because the plugin
attempts to load the module descriptors of the other projects,
resulting in a "too many module descriptors" error.

This is a simplified version of a real project here (all of my
projects follow the same basic structure):

  https://github.com/io7m/jequality

The javadoc of all of the modules is aggregated into a directory and
combined with some other documentation into a .zip for deployment.

I'd could use the "aggregate" goal, but that causes too many problems
due to the way that the goal forks and re-runs previous goals bound to
the compile phase. Apart from anything, in larger projects with lots of
modules, re-running all of those goals takes unacceptably long.

It's not clear to me if this is actually a problem with the current
plugin, or just because I'm not supposed to do things this way.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com