Hi Maven developers,
(following "Contributing" section of maven-enforcer-plugin
<https://github.com/apache/maven-enforcer#contributing>)

I'm thinking to raise a PR to fix an issue below, so that
maven-enforcer-plugin can work with maven-resolver-util without explicit
"exclusion" element. Let me know what you think!

While writing a custom enforcer rule, I encountered NoSuchMethodError
org.eclipse.aether.util.ConfigUtils.getFloat. I believe it is caused by
transitive dependency in org.eclipse.aether:aether-util. The class is also
in org.apache.maven.resolver:maven-resolver-util:1.3.1. A workaround with
exclusion element
<https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/cloud-opensource-java/blob/master/enforcer-rules/pom.xml#L64>
just worked fine for me but I'd like to contribute to fix the root cause if
possible.

Tomo