last updates:
- tar.gz archives are now also reproducible (in addition to .zip)
- src archives are also built and reproducible (notice that the result is the
same on every JDK version of a platform. Notice 2: if you don't get the same
result than CI, check that you don't have IDE configuration files that went
into your local source archives...)
- artifacts built on ASF CI are available, for people to download and compare
if you get a different result:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/job/maven/job/reproducible/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.6.3-SNAPSHOT/

I'll share shortly a discussion on a choice we need to do together to define
how to configure reproducible builds (property name and value/format of current
source-date-epoch defined in PoC)

Once this decision is made, we can start release packaging plugins that support
"native" reproducible builds
https://reproducible-builds.org/

Regards,

Hervé