Le jeudi 31 octobre 2019, 17:26:52 CET Christofer Dutz a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> as I can see you're voting on releasing the reproducible build extended
> plugin versions.
 Is there any documentation on how to use this new
> feature?
>
> I had a look at the confluence page, but that seemed like a brainstorming
> session.
ok, the Wiki page [1] started as a brainstorming session, was updated to a
proposal (the "Output Archive Entries Timestamp" parapgraph).
And now I probably should order paragraph a little bit, and add a "Making your
build reproducible" section for end uses to have a quick explanation.

I'll write the explanation here as a first try before working on the Wiki:

1. upgrade your plugins to reproducible version, particularly
mpaven-source-plugin, maven-jar-plugin and maven-assembly-plugin to vesion 3.2.0
2. add project.build.outputTimestamp property with the timestamp value that
will be used in zip/jar/tar archives:
  <properties>

<project.build.outputTimestamp>2019-10-02T08:04:00Z</project.build.outputTimestamp>
  </properties>

Notice:
- there is no Maven version prerequisite, everything happens at plugins level
- Reproducible Builds require to have no version ranges in dependencies,
generally gives different result on Unixes vs Windows, and generally depend on
the major version of JDK used to compile (see "Out of Scope" paragraph)

You have the basis configured, the output should be reproducible now.
If something is still not reproducible, use diffoscope to find the unstable
output, find the plugin that generated this output and check if there is a
reproducible version available: if not, please open an issue to help plugin
maintainers improving Reproducible Builds support at every plugin level.

[1]  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=74682318

> I would love to add this to the PLC4X build asap.
I'd love to have feedback
Don't hesitate to ping me.

> So I would like to test the release-candidates and vote too.
I would love to have many tester and votes :)