Am 2020-10-19 um 21:46 schrieb David Jencks:
I strongly recommend using the most up to date infra site support which
involves a git repo with an asf.yaml file indicating that it’s your website.
Push to the git repo and as if by magic your website appears.  See
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/git+-+.asf.yaml+features

Thanks, that's a starter.

I’m also strongly in favor of using asciidoc rather than markdown and using
Antora, however that’s a separate issue.

Completely off topic for this thread, but…. how hard would it be for the maven
site plugin to generate asciidoc?

I also share this opion because there isn't one Markdown, there are many. Asciidoc is already working if your have the appropriate dependency in your POM. I also would like to avoid any other external tools which will introduce even more complexity.