Hi Björn,

Nice presentation, the packaging of Maven in Debian followed a similar
path but we never documented the process. Did you go as far as recording
the exact steps and build order required to build from scratch?

Spoiler for the next part of your quest toward packaging the Android
SDK: Maven was the easy part, Gradle and Kotlin are many leagues above
in term of circular dependencies and headache. We have been trying to
bootstrap Kotlin for 2 years in Debian and haven't found the right path yet.

Emmanuel Bourg