Hi all,

FWIW, a wrapper also doesn't help if you want to test extensions or
plugins with multiple Maven versions.
E.g.:
-
https://github.com/gitflow-incremental-builder/gitflow-incremental-builder/blob/master/.github/workflows/maven.yml#L105-L136
-
https://github.com/gitflow-incremental-builder/gitflow-incremental-builder/blob/master/.github/workflows/maven.yml#L144-L155

So in general I like the idea, if such actions are maintained properly.

Cheers,
Falko

Am 12.02.2021 um 18:56 schrieb Andres Almiray:
Cesar,

Maven 4 will include a wrapper script that should take care of this issue.

For Maven 3.x you may use Takari's Maven Wrapper[1] to get similar behavior.

However for those that can't set a wrapper for several reasons (for example
Apache projects do not allow JARs in their repositories those the wrapper
cannot be set before hand).
the a Github Action may be thew way to go.

Cheers,
Andres

[1] https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast