Hi Ivan,

Am 2021-10-16 um 17:21 schrieb Ivan Babiankou:
I would love to prepare decent PR
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOLVER-7?focusedCommentId=17171271&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-17171271>
for the MRESOLVER-7 issue, so that it makes it to one of the upcoming
releases. But I could definitely use some guidance, given the history of
the ticket
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MRESOLVER-7?focusedCommentId=16885618&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16885618>
and the fact that it’s my first contribution to Maven and OSS in general.
Is there anyone willing to point me in the right direction (in email or a
quick 15-30min call)?  I would really appreciate it.

For now I’m reading the general things about contributing to Maven and
looking at the old branch that was merged and then reverted.

There is absolutely nothing special in providing a PR:

* Add a comment in the ticket about your intentions
* Fork repo
* Create branch based on the ticket name
* Do your magic
* Create PR

The above issue is sensible because many have tried and failed.

I see the master branch of Maven Resolver corresponds to v1.7.x, which
requires Maven 4, however I would love to target the current Maven 3.x.
Where should I start my PR off master or  maven-resolver-1.6.x?

Please go back a few weeks in history on the dev list. There is a discussion about Maven 3.9.0 with Resolver 1.7+. I have no intentions to introduce any more changes, but fixes to Resolver 1.6.x. If you are able to provide a proper fix for MRESOLVER-7 I'd even cut Resolver 1.8.0 for this.

Michael