Folks,

all important tickets for Maven 3.8.4 have been addressed in maven-3.8.x branch.

We have two open PRs:
* #578: Alternative to the ThreadLocal approach
* #476: As far as I understand a more global approach to the issue and supersedes #576, but requires Java 8. So Maven 3.9+

Given that we had two releases with regressions I tend *not* to merge #578. Give it more time and thought. Maybe go over to #476 directly in 3.9.0 and 4.0.0.

Please test and let me know whether you still see errors. If I don't read any objections I will start the new release somewhere around mid next week.

Michael