Corporations that do anti-virus content filtering of incoming GETs, have
occasionally seen corrupt jars in ~/.m2 and their shared
Nexus/Artifactory.  In that case there was text content for the jar (insead
of a zip) and if you looked at it, you saw a HTML page talking of the A-V
transgression but with the .jar suffix.  Plot twist: none were actual
malware - just bad A-V configuration.