Yes, I am aware of Flogger. Both the Log4j and SLF4J APIs now also have
fluent methods for those that prefer them. But the biggest problems with JUL
include requiring everything being wrapped with isEnabled type methods to
avoid logging overhead, an extremely limited set of Handlers, extremely
limited filtering capabilities and finally, the terrible way it binds the
logging
implementation to the API. Although Log4j provides the documented way
of bridging from JUL to it most people can’t use it because JUL typically
initializes and binds to the JDK implementation before log4j can set the
system property and they do not want to rely on having to manually set it.
The alternative approach of having a handler that routes to another
logging framework is a hack and almost inevitably results in some
performance loss.

Ralph