Not sure if was mentioned.  Spring moved all their legacy Jira for all their
projects entirely to GitHub Issues.  Believe it was done with everything.

https://spring.io/blog/2019/01/15/spring-framework-s-migration-from-jira-to-github-issues

Now concerns of MS are unfounded thus far.  MS is biggest user of github which
is why they bought it.  Not sure that is still the case but after some 14
years, issues have not cost anything and moving them back out is about as easy
of a process.  Plus issues and pull requests are effectively the same thing (at
least numbering wise).  Comparing to items I've seen mentioned here like google
code shutting I don’t think are very fair comparisons.  I would lean to look at
spring and see their motivation.

Rest is my 2 cents don't feel inclined to read my rambling.

From a plugin owner where all I use issues only, working at a job where Jira
has become a time tracking tool, and the fact its so hard to work with any
github team that uses jira....  Sure I figured it out with maven but it’s a
serious pain....and leads to...how I feel.  And I’m sure true for most others
are the same.  I prefer to not even contribute or be active as a result on any
repos that are using jira.  Let's be honest here.  Atlassian is just doing
nothing with their products.  Jira looks the same today it did 14 years ago.
Bitbucket looks the same as Stash before it with some minor color changes.
They are losing market share as a result as they cannot even handle volume.
Jira is a bloated mess.  If team is trying to do agile, that’s built into
github too.  Its so much easier to be in one single place.  I've heard these
arguments that github might go away for years now or MS owning it now might do
like Oracle.  They did something right here.  MS consideration is a lot like
Oracle, super heavy handed in what they do but the foundation was set and
unlike MS trying to end Slack with ugly Teams, they choose not to do the same
with GH.  Outside of some assumed "they mess it all up and ruin our lives", I
think the benefits far outweight all concerns.

I'd be -1 on only having issues in one place but maybe as a jumping off point
to find all the repos.  Blame feature doesn't really help, no one sees those.
Issues needs turned on for all repos.  In fact, if you want to continue jira,
fine, but open issues up.  If someone as a small concern, only making them
raise on mailing lists or jira is a nightmare.  This is by far biggest reason I
hate bitbucket - no issues, use jira.  Too many times and I'm sure I’m not
alone, its easier to just ignore the issues outright and try to find
alternatives due to complexity. This was true of the old hosting sites too, old
days were very hard to be casual contributor.  The easier it is, the more
likely more contributors are engaged.