oh right, sorry I didn't read correctly.
Do you want to build with Java 11 as a minimum but limit to the usage of Java 8?
What is the point?
We (as Maven developers) will have to use Java 11 to build plugins but
not be able to use Java 11 features in the code.
That sounds frustrating to me :)
Or I don't understand the change you are trying to propose?

My confusion was I read let's make java 11 as a minimum for plugins.
Which sounds a good change to me.
That's why I was thinking about some bytecode enforcer rule to check
plugins bytecode and not only dependencies so users stucked with Java
8 can add such rule.