On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 11:48, Vincent Massol wrote:

> > Why should aspectwerkz artifacts that you place in ibiblio take
> > precedence over what the AspectWerkz developers actually have moved to
> > ibiblio?
>
> Whatever is newer should take precedence.

Not if the difference is between the project and third party. We're only
starting to have the capability to allow projects govern their own
artifact deployment to Ibiblio. In the cases where projects have direct
control we no long have any say. What they deploy rules.

> Anyway, here are my 2 reasons:
>
> 1/ Simply because otherwise I won't be able to help on this subject. A
> pity I think as I could have helped as I was currently doing (and I've
> done my share of ibiblio uploads).

You don't need to for projects that have direct access, but all the
other requests you can still certainly help.

> 2/ Because if a project jar is released by the project under an open
> source license I don't see why it matters to get the authorization from
> that project to put it up on ibiblio.

You don't legally, it's a matter of courtesy. If the project has access
to ibiblio they should dictate what goes into ibiblio and this will be a
policy I would like to enact. I think it only makes sense that in cases
where projects have direct access (and this will be case always when
automated uploads work) to control what artifacts go into ibiblio.

> Ideally I agree it would be nice,
> but when you're in a hurry doing something, it's simply a pain being
> delayed.

Sure, but with the sync from apache and codehaus the most you have to
wait is 4 hours and that interval could shortened if deemed necessary.

> I have no idea where this repository is, whether I have the karma, how
> to do it, etc. I don't have the will to check this out for now.

Well, it's board policy and messages have been posted. You cannot be
deploying directly to ibiblio.

> Anyway, I'm busy on other things so I'm fine if someone wants to take
> charge of this. From now on, I'll be filing JIRA issues like everyone
> else is doing.

Sounds good, shall I remove your account from ibiblio then?

> Note: I was going to put easymock jars on ibiblio right now (JIRA req
> 103), but I guess it'll now have to wait for someone else to pick up
> this task and ask the easymock folks whether they are ok.
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent

jvz.

Jason van Zyl