On 18:15 Wed 23 Jun     , Eric Pugh wrote:
> Argh...   You were right about classloader hell..   I was able quite quickly
> to swap it to use the Hibernate SchemaExportTask with a .properties file.
> However, attempting to get the right mix of classpath's etc to get
> SchemaExportTask to work with .cfg.xml configuration file has been a very
> frustrating day!  I was able to create a build.xml that worked with a
> .cfg.xml and .properties file, but converting that into the plugin.jelly
> just never worked.

To say the trueth I get classloader errors when using original
maven-hibernate-plugin and start to use ant task to avoid them.

> I have been able to add a src/plugin-test project that validates things
> work, which pretty much means only with a .properties file.  I tried writing
> a unit test to load up the SchemaExportBean and use it via a .properties or
> .cfg.xml but no joy.
>
> So, at this point, I do have my nice little /src/plugin-test to contribute.
> However, is there any feeling on committing the Ant task instead of the
> custom integration or not?  Right now the Ant task version does the same as
> the custom integration, and neither seems to deal with a .cfg.xml
> configuration file.

I think that using ant task is much more simpler solution.

To support schema-export task we need to create bean that simply
duplicates all properties of ScemaExportTask. If for example
Hibernate team add new option to this Task, with custom integration
we need to add this property to bean that used from jelly and to
plugin.jelly file. If we will use ant task, than much more less changes
will be required.

> Opinions?

About m2. I don't now much about it, but I think that it will
definitly needs some plugin that works as wrapper for ant task,
because a lot of ant tasks already exists, and it would be nice
if they will be supported without significant efforts.

> Eric

Best regards,
Konstantin.