Hi,

Would anyone know if there are any plans for the release plugin? ATM, some
of the stuff that was planned for the release plugin is in the scm plugin

BTW, I think the scm plugin is not quite generic-enough yet:
- It works only with CVS
- It assumes usage of changes.xml but that doesn't work for projects using a
JIRA-style development process (i.e. changes are in JIRA)

I guess the plan is to use the Maven-SCM project from the scm plugin?

Or is the scm plugin going to be deprecated and everything moved to the
release plugin?

Or maybe there's no plan yet? :-)

Thanks
-Vincent