Michal Maczka wrote:

Sometime I ago I have proposed some changes in site & multiproject plugins.
I could not apply them at that time as we were releasing 1.0.1 version.
Somebody has any objections against those changes (they are described below)?

Actually, there was still some confusion about whether this was necessary. I'd like to avoid needing to override goals. See below:

- In site plugin:

I would like to attain "site:generate" goal from "site" goal - not other way
around

+1, it seems wrong anyway. There should also be a site:site goal.

- in multiproject plugin at the end of the code of the goal <goal name="multiproject:site">

 </goal>

I would like to attain site:generate goal - not "site" goal.

I'd prefer for this that the site goal was customisable.
maven.multiproject.site.goal=site

Then you can do
maven.multiproject.site.goal=site
or
maven.multiproject.site.goal=multiproject:site

depending on the context.

As a more general case, perhaps we should have:
maven.multiproject.type=multiproject

and flip that to multiproject:site automatically. This will also make multiproject:install, etc recurse properly. WDYT?

I wonder if a) it will be still possible to include those changes in 1.0.1 release?

As a side note, these probably won't be included in 1.0.2 either as that, at this stage, seems to be only core changes to fix regressions.

Cheers,
Brett