Hi all,

I've been trying to release maven-ejb-plugin 1.6 (which is a requirement
for the upcoming Cactus 1.7.1), but been facing a lot of issues. I've
already managed to install the proper versions of site and scm plugins,
but now I got an error regarding JCE:

Deploying to repository: apache
JCE is required for an SSH based deployer
Please use JDK 1.4 or above, or install a JCE provider
A free (GPL) provider is available from Bouncycastle:
http://www.bouncycastle.org/
Failed to deploy to: apache Reason: JCE required

So, my question is: should I use JDK 1.4 (instead of JDK 1.3)? Or should
I keep JDK 1.3 for maximum compatibility and then set the crypto stuff?

Regardless of the answer, I think the procedure should be described at
the doc (http://maven.apache.org/developers/making-releases.html) - in
particular, that pages does not say anything about which JDK version to
use.

[]s,

-- Felipe