+1

Emmanuel

Jason van Zyl wrote:

Howdy,

I'm working on a simple issue for Continuum where we want to display
version to the user. This information is in the POM and packaged up in
the JAR but the problem is it's called:

META-INF/maven/pom.xml

Which presents a problem for this use case because every JAR created
with m2 carries that same file within the JAR.

I would like to leave the pom.xml in the JAR as someone might want to
enumerate all the POMs at runtime for some reason so I think the POM
being there is useful. But I would like to also package up the JAR with:

META-INF/maven/${groupId}-${artifactId}.pom

So that I could deterministically read that POM in to glean any project
information that I wanted to use.

I would also like to deploy a simple properties file that contains at
least the top-level POM information so that people can use a simple
Properties object to glean project information and aren't required to
use Maven tools to get this information. I was thinking:

META-INF/maven/${groupId}-${artifactId}.properties

For the small addition in JAR size I think this provides useful
information which can be accessed with Maven tools or a simple
Properties object.

Thoughts?