Juraj Burian wrote:
We are working on jboss-aop & APT plugins implementation.
We encountered the folowing problem (in general):
We need to split classpath into several parts. In other words, we need to group dependencies.

For example, when running JBoss AOP it is necessary to supply classpath where aspects are found and a different classpath where classes that should be weaved are (ie. 2 different classpath).

It occured to me that M2 has already a notion of dependency grouping and separate classpaths, determined by "dependency scope" there is "compile" scope and "test" scope. Maybe you need to define additional scopes, like compile-aspectpath, compile-inpath (or -weavepath), test-aspectpath and so on? And how would these relate to dependency inheritance (transitiveness)?

R.