how about in mojo as a mojo-util project that can be used as a dependency by
whatever plugins exist in mojo?

or it might make since to make a straight out mojo-core project that we
could put wrappers on things that are used all over the place like those
stale source scanners that I have in most of my plugins...

could be potentially useful for custom plugins to use as dependencies as
well

jesse