Would surefire or doxia ever be used outside of the Maven2 world? I can actually see doxia being used elsewhere, but would surefire? Having some set of code that Maven uses over on Codehaus, when it is all developed by Maven committers and tightly intertwined seems odd.

If there isn't a good licensing reason/access reason like what prompted maven-plugins.sf.net to be created, then I'd like to see it all stay on the Apache infrastructure. Basically it feels to me like Maven should be either an Apache project, and done there, or a Codehaus project and done there, versus straddling the two.

Projects like doxia and surefire (along with wagon and scm) should all be treated the same, under the Maven umbrella.

Eric Pugh