From: Vincent Massol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 07:49
To: 'Maven Developers List'
Subject: [Plugin idea] watchdog plugin

Here's an idea for someone who'd be looking for a plugin to implement...
:-)

Imagine a watchdog plugin that would monitor source files and/or
dependencies and trigger a goal when they change. This is a bit similar
to a
continuous integration but done locally on developer's machines.

Here's a typical use case for it: imagine that you have a WAR that you
generate and you have configured your container to point to it. When you
make changes to your source tree you'd like the war goal to be called so
that your container redeploys automatically the WAR.

This is only an example but I'm sure you could think of lots of other
examples. Actually this a bit similar to the hot folder concept in
AntFlow
(http://onionnetworks.com/products/antflow/).

Note that Jetty6 plugin has some code that listen for changes. We could
make
this generic in a watchdog/hotgoal plugin.

WDYT? Any taker?

Thanks
-Vincent