Brett Porter wrote:
This is not a vote. +1's here are just "I've read and think it's all
good", but generally I'm just looking for feedback on specific plugins
and decision points before taking this any further forward.

Some of the plugins that wound up in mojo seem better suited to the main
Apache project due to a) originally coming from there b) having the core
libraries located there c) being essential to the day to day use of the
project.

These are the ones I'm thinking of:
- jxr report (relates to jxr)

+1

They should be together really.

- surefire report (relates to surefire)

+1

The current plugin plus the report should probably go into surefire proper. Might as well keep it all together.

- changes/jira/announcement report (relates to issue stuff in sandbox)
- changelog report (relates to scm)
- dependency-maven-plugin (sounds generally handy in eliminating a lot
of small antrunning).

+1

As a community we need to decide where we are going to develop
individual plugins. As I understand it, mojo.codehaus.org was
established to:
- develop things that can't be entirely under the ASL.
- avoid developing plugins that rotted and tied due to lack of community
in m1
- give a place for individual plugin developers to start out but still
operate in the same way as the Maven community.

In essence a very low barrier to entry for those wanting to participate in plugin development.

As time passes plugins, like the ones listed above, that deem widely beneficial can be brought here. I think this process works fine.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

  -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)